Memories

Love the written medium . It allows one to pause between lines and reflect . Been wanting to write something for a long time , but other than linked in posts about the startup i cofounded , never got time for anything else . So here goes , a tribute to myself . 40 years of me .


Let me start by saying , it is no fun to be 40 . I am glad I was travelling during my 40th eve for work as I never wanted to celebrate that moment when the clock struck 12 .  But thinking back , life has been a collection of these moments . Those little situations that you encounter , and some of them stick on as memories , good , bad or just memories .Like that one day,when my parents left me in kindergarten and I spent the whole day holding on to the window grills waiting for them to take me back . That one day when I learned how to cycle . That one day when I fell under a moving cycle rickshaw . That one day in the week when I used to wait for library period to pick my favourite book as I was a geek . That one day in feb every year when my friends got hitched and I got thrills from their stories .That one day when I got hitched and you think you have conquered the world .That one day when you have decided to “move on” and you feel the world has shattered . Those bright days when I feel wanted and loved all over again.Those days when you sit through campus placements when all your friends around you get placed . That day when I finally landed a job . That one day when I got married .Those beautiful days when Aaron and Rohan made an entry .Those days when I realised other companies want me too and that you are a commodity and can be traded . That day,many companies later when I decided to start something on my own.


Life I believe is a string of these memories with a realisation that the best part of memories is making them .After all you are only as rich as the places you have travelled to , books you have read, people you have met, failures that left you in tears , grief that you have overcome and dreams that you fulfil. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expression

Do Re Mi

Follow your dreams