Follow your dreams

"Follow your dream",this is the most abused phrase in the preachers manual.As motivational as it sounds , I never understood this phrase.It could be me speaking for myself , but my dreams are in a constant state of churn.Wanted to be a doctor,a scientist,join NASA and what not.On the contrary ,ended up selling spices, fruits and enzymes . 

My dreams were more materialistic in nature.Dreamt about a Ford Ecosport , followed my dream and got one at a stage in life when I could barely afford a second hand maruti 800.Outcome , broke..followed other dreams too , closed an FD and bought an iPhone,manoeuvred bosses through laughing at their most ridiculously flat jokes day in and day out to get that dream promotion...and many more.Dreams were those status deliverables ; good car,good phone, great designation.

So what could the preacher have meant..what was his intention when he said this..was he only thinking of the destination which is the "dream" and not the effort which was to " follow"?

Maybe that's why I binge on the rags to riches videos.The process inspires me -Necessity pushes someone to fulfill his immediate dream,which is to survive.In the process his learning helps him extend his milestone which is to save up.And his confidence and experientially learned methods would push him to re invest , make more and further push his milestone which is to indulge .Was his dream to ever get from Kochi to Bangalore in one drive ? No right , he dreamt of Thrissur first,then dreamt of Coimbatore when he got to Thrissur and finally made his way up to Bangalore , continuosly upgrading his dreams.

Well here I am now!One might call me professionally accomplished , good job, booted and suited friends,great schools for kids.But I just didnt get the "chasing the dream" vibes.Graduated from Eco sport to Creta, but put it up for sale.Neither can my lungs handle anymore fake laughter to get promoted .

So what do I do ? I quit.I Start Up.Switched gears from the destination to the journey.And what is my dream? Still not clear ! However the process is to NOT do things that I hated doing all these years to get to those self set deliverables;which is to pay EMIs for a car or phone  which I can't afford,to claw my way up by juggling for a boss,to chase a target which made this very boss richer, to make a presentation  covering a topic which meant nothing to me, and to fake being that perfect manager which I never was.

This startup,"be your own boss"dream might churn again, but until it lasts , I have decided to savour the process..I realized that I should at least built my own dream rather than get paid to build somebody else's fantasy.

 I have reached Thrissur now..moving on..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expression

Do Re Mi